What's New at Mile High Scribes:
- NEXT MEETING: Monday, April 7th
- Speaker: Renada Arens, Digital Marketing Specialist, David C Cook
- Topic: Amazon and Digital Publishing Opportunities in the CBA
- ONE-SHEET CONTEST. This is your opportunity to prepare for the 2014 conference season. Mile High Scribes, ACFW South Denver Chapter, is hosting our 5th Annual One-Sheet Contest. Use your creativity to develop a one-sheet that communicates the heart of your story, and you will be eligible to win $50 or a paid registration to the Novel Crafters Seminar of the Rockies with Jeff Gerke on November 15 2014.
The contest is open to all fiction writers. The winner will be chosen by Sue Brower, an agent with Natasha Kern Literary Agency.
For more information including rules and guidelines, click on the One-Sheet button to the right. The contest begins March 1st and the entry deadline is April 15th. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "LIKE" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/milehighscribes
Welcome to Mile High Scribes!
ACFW South Denver Chapter
WHO WE ARE
Thank you for your interest in Mile High Scribes. As a local ACFW chapter, we provide regularly scheduled meetings for ACFW national members to bring faith, fiction and fellowship to our local community. Special events (speakers, book signings, retreats and conferences) support ACFW members in their efforts to become published authors and further their writing craft.
Questions regarding our meetings and events can be directed to Elaine Clampitt, president, at email@example.com.
WHEN AND WHERE WE MEET
Mile High Scribes meets the first Monday of each month from 7- 9 p.m. at the Tattered Cover, Dorchester St (on Highlands Ranch Parkway between Broadway and Lucent Boulevards) in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. We welcome visitors in all stages of their writing journey!
For a complete list of other ACFW chapters in Colorado, click here.
HOW TO JOIN
"Try before you buy." We are happy to have you attend up to two meetings if you want to check us out before taking the plunge. After that, if you decide to join, go to the ACFW website and click on Membership Application, or click here.
National membership is required before local chapter membership can be granted.
Once you've signed up and paid your national dues, you can join Mile High Scribes by attending a chapter meeting or by clicking here to apply online.
Some of our many membership benefits include:
- Networking opportunities for both new and seasoned authors
- Resources, tips, and archives on the members-only website
- Exclusive online writing courses
- Critique groups, access to writing contests
- Member rates for local and national conferences, seminars, workshops, and retreats
Who we are, when we meet, how
to join, membership benefits
Calendar and Events
Mile High Scribes calendar and events
In celebration of Mile High Scribes member accomplisments
Membership and Dues
ACFW and Mile High Scribes membership information and dues renewal
Special offers and programs
exclusively for Mile High Scribes members
ACFW Colorado chapter and event information
A showcase of recent and upcoming fiction books and short stories by ACFW Colorado authors
ACFW Colorado's blog network offering up-to-date news on Colorado chapters, author spotlights, and articles on craft, technology, and more!
Overview of ACFW
Are You Part of the "Loop"?
Join our e-loops and stay in touch.
Click here to post our banner and
link on your website or blog.
Connect with Us!